Monday, November 27, 2006

No Digg for You! Diggdot.us Rebrands...

Well, it was bound to happen. Diggdot.us was finally hit with a cease & desist notice from digg. The site has rebranded though as doggdot.us though, so as long as people update their bookmarks it shouldn't be too much of a problem. On the bright side of life, they win my award for best logo of the year. Digg this topic here.

This C&D is reasonable in my opinion. The site takes stories that have been posted to digg, puts them on its own website, and has ads on the page. Hardly complementary in my estimations. Although, that type of activity is actually encouraged by digg through their blog tools. The digg name was the item in question here, so I can't imagine any more trouble with the rebrand.

All this trademark stuff is giving me a headache. Digggames, digg2phone, diggcard, and now diggdot.us. I am pondering posting my list of sites that infringe on the trademark. I think its somewhere near 20.

No comments: