Thursday, December 14, 2006

Bury as 'Rumor'

Is anybody else sick of unsubstantiated rumor being dugg to the frontpage? It is really starting to get out of hand. Here are a couple recent examples:
iPhone on monday (december, 18)!!! [gizmodo knows it]

Wii For $200? More Colors?
UPDATE!!! I just heard from an inside source close to digg that there will be a 'bury as rumor' option, and possibly a 'bury as rumour' option for our UK friends.

Here is an interesting article that examines the inner working of a good rumor. Check it out. In other news, I challenge someone to submit this with the title "Digg to add 'bury as rumor' option???" for a good dose of irony.

Also, I made up this idea so it is completely untrue, but seriously people, hold blogs accountable to the same scrutiny you would a major newspaper or news channel. I think I will do some research to see how many rumors on digg are actually true. Be back later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi to all, it's truly a pleasant for me to visit this website, it includes useful Information.

Here is my site Ft Worth Seo Company

Anonymous said...

Ηeyа і am for the fiгst time hеrе.

I саme aсross this boarԁ and I find It truly useful
& it helρed me out a lot. I hope to give something back anԁ hеlp others liκe you aidеd
mе.

my site; Www.tensunitsupplies.com