Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Top 50 Dugg Stories of All-Time

A couple weeks ago (9/9/06), I was really bored and decided to look deeper into the Top 50 Most Dugg Stories on Digg. The raw data is on the following chart, my analysis is below it.

(Click image to view full size)

When I first started collecting the data, I figured that the top users would be responsible for the majority of these top posts. What I actually found was the complete opposite.
  • Only three of the top 50 stories were submitted by the top 100 users. Two of those were by kevinrose.
  • Average Digg Rank: 4780.58
  • Only 2 users had multiple stories (2 each); kevinrose and dburka
I believe that this indicates the difference between the top users and this group of people. Perhaps top users generally find the day-to-day stuff that we all want to read about, while these contributers submit the things that are completely unexpected and awesome. What do you think?

For those of you wondering, the method I used to find these stories was to run a search for 'http://', sort by most diggs, set the timeframe to all-time, and I included buried stories.


No comments: